Each year, Rotary clubs elect their leaders to provide guidance and direction. The leaders of the Westmont Rotary Club are:
President: Irv Kaplan
Each year, Rotary clubs elect one member to serve as club president. A club president leads and guides a club to ensure that it functions effectively.
The year before becoming president, the president-elect prepares for the responsibilities of the office.
Club president responsibilities
- Runs club meetings
- Presides at club board meetings
- Appoints club committee chairs and members
- Ensures that each committee has definite objectives and is functioning consistently
- Holds regular club assemblies
- Cooperates with the district governor in various club and district Rotary matters and handles all correspondence promptly
- Creates a club budget and manages club finances, including an annual audit
A club vice-president presides at meetings of the club and the board in the absence of the president.
Club president-elect responsibilities
- A club president-elect
- Attends the presidents-elect training seminar
- Serves as a director on the club board
- Begins planning for the presidential year
Secretary: John Long
The club secretary helps with many of the administrative tasks related to the operation of a club, including taking attendance, record keeping, writing meeting minutes, and reporting to RI (including the semiannual report).
Treasurer: Jim Bator
The club treasurer is responsible for the management and stewardship of club funds.
Immediate past president: Elaine Carmichael
Sergeant-at-arms: Harold C Barry III
During Rotary club meetings, the sergeant-at-arms maintains order, encourages fellowship among members, and assists the club officers as needed.
Club committee chairs
Club committee chairs are appointed by the club president-elect for the coming year. They convene regular committee meetings and activities, supervise and coordinate the committee’s work, and report to the club board on committee efforts.
Programs: Irv Kaplan and Harold Barry
Membership: Jinny Szymski
Public Relations: Glen Liljeberg
Community Service: Linda Sobotka
New Generations and Exchange Student Officer: Greg Allen and Glen Liljeberg
Sergeant at Arms: Harold Barry
Foundation: Bob Blackburn